Business Sector Research Phasing-out Support (2013-2014)
Executive Agency: Central Institute for Economic Management (CIEM), Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI)
- Project Director: Mr. Nguyet Dinh Cung, President of CIEM.
- Duration: 2 years, from 2013 to 2014.
- Overall Budget Frame: DKK 4.5 million.
- Sponsor: Danish International Development Agency (Danida).
- Foreign Counter-parts: Department of Economics, University of Copenhagen (DOE)
- National Counter-part: Institute of Labour Science and Social Affairs (ILSSA), General Statistics Office (GSO)
- Address: 68 Phan Dinh Phung Str., Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Tel/Fax: +84-4-7339130
The development objective of the project is:
Development objective: Strengthening the competitiveness of Vietnamese enterprises and creating good jobs
Intermediate objective: Improve research and analytical capacity for guiding economic policy-making in Vietnam.
The project consists of two components:
Component 1: Enterprise Research
Immediate objective: Enhanced understanding of the dynamics of private sector development and competitiveness with special attention to technology and CSR
- Comprehensive national data-sets on selected competitiveness and technology transfer aspects and CSR involvement of Vietnamese enterprises available
- Policy-oriented analysis on enterprise competitiveness and CSR disseminated
Component 2: Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Research
Immediate Objective: Gaining an understanding of both formal and informal SME dynamics in Vietnam
- SME Survey completed and data available to project researchers
- Policy-relevant analysis on firm dynamics / constraints conducted using SME 2013 data